Before you start
Now that you’ve gone through CWB’s giving direction and funding guidelines and are prepared to answer the questions on the application, here are a few tips to know in advance:
- The application takes approximately 25 - 30 minutes to complete.
- We encourage you to sign up or update your organization details on the YourCause Nonprofit Platform. A helpful guide to sign up for NPOconnect can be found here.
- Tip - Be sure to update your profile so we’re able to get a good overview of your organization. This would include your organization overview or mission, website, and your SDG goals, if applicable.
- Once you’ve made a non-profit profile, return to this page and click on one of the application icons below to get started.
- You will then be directed to GrantsConnect. From here you will need to sign up as an applicant, if you haven’t already, so we have your individual applicant contact information.
- Applicants will be prompted with an eligibility quiz to ensure your organization meets our basic funding guidelines.
- You will have unlimited access to complete your unfinished application until the cycle closes. CWB typically closes our application September 1 of each calendar year, so please try to have your application submitted a few weeks before that deadline.
- Applicants will receive a confirmation email after completing the application. The review process takes approximately 6 to 8 weeks for requests under $50,000.
- Requests over $50,000 will be accepted in one of two cycles:
- First cycle - February to March
- Second cycle - May to July
- Based on the above cycles, it may take up 120 days for you to hear back on your funding request. Cycle timeframes are subject to change.
- CWB has two applications aligned to different funding needs, be sure to fill out the correct one.
- If you have technical difficulties with accessing or completing the application, please contact technical support [email protected] for assistance.
Any other questions can be directed to [email protected].